The Super Bowl (or Big Game) is just around the corner. Great commercials and even better foods can be found at parties all across the country. Here’s a great Cheeseburger Bowl dip recipe that will keep the crowds coming back for more.
- 2 16-ounce loaves King’s Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Bread
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 24 ounces American processed cheese
- 7 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup peeled cooked tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup hamburger dill slices, chopped
- Thousand Island salad dressing
- Carve out center core of bread within two inches of bottom and sides, keeping bread intact.
- Cut reserved bread and other loaf into 1-inch cubes for dipping.
- Cook ground beef, season with seasoning salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut American cheese into chunks and add to cooked beef and stir until melted.
- Add crumbled bacon and diced tomatoes, stir to mix well.
- Spoon warm mixture into carved bread bowl.
- Top with red onion and pickles (to taste).
- Drizzle with Thousand Island dressing (if desired).
Thanks to Culinary.net for this great recipe!