One usually thinks of baking a pizza in the oven and not on a grill but this grilled steak pizza recipe is so simple to make. Grilling is a great way to get the same smokey taste that you would find in using a wood burning oven. If queso fresca cheese is not a favorite cheese of yours, then use mozzarella, jack or provolone. Our thanks to culinary.net for sharing this great grilled steak pizza recipe with us.
- 1/4 pounds sirloin steak
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 13.8 ounce tube pizza dough
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup queso fresca cheese
- 1/4cup salsa verde
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
How to cook:
- Preheat grill
- Season steak with salt and pepper and grill for 4 to 5 minutes for rare. Remove steak from grill and let rest for five minutes. Thinly slice steak.
- Roll dough out on a well-floured board or pizza peel. Slide dough from peel on to grill and grill for 3 to 5 minutes or until toasted and crispy on the underside.
- Flip the pizza dough over and top evenly with sliced steak, green onions, and queso fresca. Place cover over grill and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese has melted and is golden.
- Remove pizza from grill and serve drizzled with salsa verde and cilantro.