Not everyone loves mushrooms and that’s okay. But if you do then you’ll love this mushroom dip recipe. This cheesy mushroom dip combines three cheeses – cream cheese, mozzarella and parmigiano reggiano (better known as Parmesan).
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 medium sliced onion
1 pound mushrooms – cleaned and sliced
1 chopped clove garlic
1 teaspoon of chopped thyme
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup white wine or broth
1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese – room temperature
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup grated mozzarella
1/4 cup grated parmigiano reggiano
Here’s how you put it all together:
1. Heat the oil and melt the butter in a pan.
2. Add the onion and cook until it starts to caramelize, about 20 minutes.
3. Add the mushrooms and saute until they start to caramelize, about 20 minutes.
4. Add the garlic and thyme and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add the wine, deglazed the pan and cook until it has evaporated.
7. Puree 1/2 of the mushrooms in a food processor.
8. Mix the mushrooms, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, mozzarella and parmigiano reggiano and place in a baking dish.
9. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until bubbling and golden brown on top, about 20-40 minutes.